We are all called to share the good news of the gospel with others. Some of us have also been called to join with Jesus in His work of healing the brokenhearted and setting the captives free. (Isaiah 61:1)
When Jesus wanted to bring renewal to the nation of Israel, one of the first things he did was form a small group. As a result of being with Jesus and one another, the disciples’ lives were transformed. Following His lead, many of us who are called to bring healing to the body of Christ will find ourselves leading and teaching small groups. It is therefore imperative that we learn to become effective small group leaders.
Session Topics include:
- Group Dynamics; Types of Groups
- Role and Responsibilities of the Group Leader
- Stages of a Group
- Handling Your Group’s Difficulties
- Practical Issues/Closing Your Group
In this 6-week class participants will learn all aspects of group leadership, including the developmental stages of a group and how to foster confidentiality and cohesiveness.
Recommended Reading (purchase on your own):
- Life Model: Living from the Heart Jesus Gave You by James G. Friesen and others
- Making Small Groups Work by Henry Cloud
Registration fee is non-refundable.