We are all called to share the good news of the gospel with others. Some of us have also been called to join with Jesus in His work of healing the brokenhearted and setting the captives free. (Isaiah 61:1)
Prayer counseling is designed to connect people with the divine Healer, the Lord Jesus Christ, which leads to freedom in Christ. Many gifted leaders have contributed models of healing prayer that, when used skillfully, bring needed freedom and release to the people of God. This course is an overview of selected inner healing models and how they may be applied and/or combined for effective prayer counseling.
Format for each session: Live teaching followed by a prayer ministry practicum.
Session Dates &Topics:
- Jan 25, 2021 – Fundamentals: Hearing from God
- Feb 22, 2021 – Fundamentals: Understanding Your Design
- Mar 29, 2021 – Models: Elijah House
- Apr 26, 2021 – Models: Prayers that Heal the Heart
- May 24, 2021 – The Prayer Counselor as Small Group Leader
- Jun 21, 2021 – Tools: Forgiveness; 9-Step Prayer
- Jul 19, 2021 – Tools: Generational Prayers; Genograms
- Sep 20, 2021 – Tools: Trauma Prayers; Deliverance
- Oct 18, 2021 – Issues: Fear, Shame, Anger; Overcoming the Victim Spirit
- Nov 15, 2021 – Review of Prayers for Ministry
In this monthly 10-session class participants will examine and practice various inner healing models.