We are all called to share the good news of the gospel with others. Some of us have also been called to join with Jesus in His work of healing the brokenhearted and setting the captives free. (Isaiah 61:1)
As we study to become prayer counselors, a primary concern is to “do no harm.” In order to do that we must gain knowledge and competence about people, their issues and the best way to approach them.
Session Topics include:
- Biblical Basis of Counseling
- Qualities of a Counselor
- Relationships (Family Systems)
- Developmental Stages
- Counseling Skills – Listening, Safety, Empathy
- Counseling Issues – Problems in Counseling
- Counseling Issues – Codependency
- Ethics and Legal Liability
In this 8-week class participants will learn basic counseling skills, ethics, and family systems from a Christian perspective, as well as principles of developmental psychology.
Recommended Reading (purchase on your own):
- Life Model: Living from the Heart Jesus Gave You by James G. Friesen and others
- How to Be a People Helper by Gary R. Collins
Registration fee is non-refundable.