We are all called to share the good news of the gospel with others. Some of us have also been called to join with Jesus in His work of healing the brokenhearted and setting the captives free. (Isaiah 61:1)
As we study to become prayer counselors, a primary concern is to “do no harm.” In order to do that we must gain knowledge and competence about people, their issues and the best way to approach them.
Session Topics include:
- Biblical Basis of Counseling; Qualities of a Counselor
- Relationships (Family Systems)
- Developmental Stages
- Counseling Skills – Listening, Safety, Empathy
- Counseling Issues 1 – Codependency
- Counseling Issues 2 – Problems in Counseling; Ethics and Legal Liability
This class is one of three Micah Curriculum© courses. In this class, participants will learn basic counseling skills, ethics, and family systems from a Christian perspective, as well as principles of developmental psychology.
Please note that although this class is open to all students, one or more of the following prerequisites must be met in order to enroll in this course:
- Completion of Prayers that Heal the Heart Course
- Written recommendation from a church/ministry